Friday 22 January 2016

A Party and an Appetizer recipe

It's a good idea to have a few younger friends, so when Nicole decided to turn a special milestone birthday, I wanted to have a small gathering in her honour. And of course, why not spend a few hours, scrapping, chatting and eating at the same time?
Everyone contributed to the food and it was all so yummy!  I love me a good Potluck and this antipasto tray looked so appetizing, I just had to take a picture.
Isn't that a thing of beauty?
And these little morsels of grapes, Dulce de Leche and nuts, frozen and skewered with birthday banners added such a festive touch....
So even though I didn't make these little appetizers, they have always been a favourite of mine so I thought I would share the recipe here...
Mushroom Nappies

Butter 3 Tbsp
Chopped onion 1 cup
Chopped mushrooms 2 cups
Saute.

Mozzarella(grated) 1 cup
Parmesan (1/4 cup)
Parsley (1 tsp)
Egg 1
Oregano 1/2 tsp
salt/pepper
Stir in one minute.

Bread Nappies
12 white bread slices,
Butter 1/3 cup

Remove crusts. Roll flat with rolling pin. butter slices and cut
into 4's. Press buttered side up into tart tins, Fill with mixture, about 1 1/2 tsp and top with cheese.
Hmmm? don't have the baking times. Try about 350F for 10 min or until cheese is bubbling and toast edges are crisp.
Happy Birthday, Nicole!

No comments: