Thursday 30 March 2017

Almond Crunch Cookies

I thought I had posted these cookies before but I couldn't find them on the blog and they're a winner so I had to add the recipe. My heritage predisposes me to being a lover of all things almond. The cereal adds a nice crunch to these cookies and you can never go wrong with oatmeal.



Almond Crunch Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal ( I used large flake but any type is fine)
1 1/2 cups toasted corn cereal ( like Chex, I actually used Rice Chex)

Beat shortening until fluffy, add sugars, then 2 eggs and almond flavouring. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in another bowl then add to sugar mixture. Beating well. Stir in oatmeal then gently fold in partially crushed cereal. You want it chunky to keep the crunch. Using a scoop, drop dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 325F for 12 -14 minutes. Cool and transfer to your container.

No comments: